Today I enabled 2-step verification in Google Apps. This means that if you want to you can use 2 factor authentication when logging in to Google Apps services such as GMail. You can’t force your users to use 2-step verification, they must opt-in themselves.
Anyway, I did opt-in with my account and downloaded the Google Authenticator to my Android that is used for generating codes. It all work well and now I’m using 2-factor authentication for my Google account.
When you want to opt-in for 2-factor authentication you can follow this step by step instruction that is available at Google.
Google Wave is finally available in Google Apps. Google has promised to release other services such as Reader, Picasa etc. in Google Apps.
When logging in to my e-mail account at Google Apps today I found out that they now have integrated themes into the mail service. Just select settings and then Themes, then you have a lot of themes to choose from.
Let me know, which one is your favorite theme.
I found out today that GMail labs is available in my Google Apps mail account. Take a look in Settings | [Labs] and youy will find a bunch of cool labs. If you can’t see them, ask your admin to enable New Services and Features in the Google Apps control panel.
Hmmm, still waiting for Google Labs, such as Google Reader etc. Maybe Santa will bring those features 😉
Today I discovered that Google Labs is available for Google Apps. I’m not sure, perhaps this has been available for a while without my knowledge. Today there are three products available.
- Google Moderator – Google Moderator makes it easy to gather and prioritize questions or opinions on any topic from a group of people.
- Google Short Links – Google Short Links allows users to easily create descriptive shortcuts to web URLs. This makes it easier for users to recall and share the locations of important documents and web sites.
- Google Code Reviews – Google Code Reviews facilitates quality software development by making it easy for peers to review an author’s changes and share feedback.
If you want to activate them.
- Go to the dashboard.
- Select Add more services.
- Select See more services from Google Labs.
But I’m still missing my Reader. 😉
I moved my domain to Google Apps a couple a weeks ago. It all works perfectly but I’m missing a couple of Labs services, especially the Reader. According to Google the Labs will be available in three weeks, you can find it here and here.