Entries Tagged as 'java'
Yesterday I downloaded the latest Eclipse named Kepler to my Mac. I unzipped the package as usual and tried to launch it by clicking on the Eclipse file. I received the following error message:
After a quick search on the internet I found the solution in a bug report at Eclipse Bugs . It is the OS X GateKeeper that thinks that the file is corrupt and should be moved to trash. However, the problem is easy the solve. Just follow the following steps.
- Open up a shell
- Cd yourself into the eclipse directory.
- Check the attributes of the directory Eclipse.app/
$ xattr Eclipse.app/
- Remove the ‘com.apple.quarantine’ attribute.
$ xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Eclipse.app/
Now you should be able to launch Eclipse.
Tags: java · osx · technology
November 14th, 2007 · 3 Comments
Since I changed from Windos to Linux Ubuntu I don’t have all of my dev tools installed. One of those tools is the great universal database tool called DbVis from Minq. Minq doesn’t deliver DbVis as synapt package so I had to find a alternative and since I’m not a Linux blackbelt I had to do some googling. I found this blog and this and this that gave me a hint of what to do. I have to call the alien.
- First download the Dbvisualizer as a rpm package from here.
- Now I have to install the alien.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install alien
- Then convert the rpm package to a deb package with alien
$ sudo alien dbvis_linux_6_0_6.rpm
- Next, install the debian package
$ sudo dpkg -i dbvis_6.0.6-2_i386.deb
- Change directory to where it is installed
$ cd /opt/DbVisualizer-6.0.6/
- And run it
Tags: java · linux